Thursday, May 16, 2013

Peter Odemwingie: Expected to leave West Brom this summer, or earlier



No doubt,  he had one of the most controversial seasons in the history of club transfers,  but till date, both Odemwingie and the Management of West Brom are yet to move past the very awkward situation that occurred earlier this year.-here
The future of 31-year-old striker at Hawthorns became questionable upon his return to his club following his failed move to QPR in January.

West Brom boss Steve Clarke has admitted he does not expect Peter Odemwingie to be at the club next season.
"His future will be decided in the summer," said Clarke.
"Do I think he will be a West Brom player next season? No, I don't.
"I don't do the deals, I'm the head coach, but I was asked a question and I gave an honest answer.
"I don't think he will be here next season."

The Nigerian international also claimed last week that he was almost certain to leave the club this summer after coming in for criticism from Baggies fans.

Odemwingie who joined the Baggies from Russian side Lokomotiv Moscow for £2.5m in 2010 and has made over 100 appearances, scoring 31 goals, however, ever since the episode in January, he was featured only as a late substitute in the last seven league games.


Is this a case of good riddance, or should they try and work it out?

No comments :

Post a Comment