Thursday, June 19, 2014

Alex Song apologizes for his red card in their match against Croatia.

Cameroonian player Alex Song has apologized for his red card in their game against Croatia in the World Cup.

In the very crucial game which ended to Cameroon's exit from the World cup after losing 4-0 to Croatia, Song elbowed Croatia's Mario Mandzukic in the back during, he was immediately shown a red card.
The 26-year-old player has since apologized to the nation's fans for his actions which led to his early exit from the game.
The Barcelona player said: “ I'm very sad at the momet as I feel I have let my country and myself down. It was a stupid moment and I'm truly sorry. If I could do anything to take it back I would. Please forgive me.”
cameroon-fight
In the same game, fellow compatriots Benoit Assou-Ekotto was involved in distasteful tangle with teammate Benjamin Moukandjo; Assou Ekotto lost his cool and headbutted his own Cameroonian teammate in the final moments of their 4-0 defeat to Croatia. 
With just a minute left, the QPR left back snapped at his own teammate after whipping an inch-perfect cross from substitute striker Pierre Webo which crashed against the crossbar and the 30-year-old's attempt to convert the opportunity did not seem possible, Assou-Ekotto suddenly attacked Moukandjo who had been lingering on the edge of he box when the defender had crossed to Webo, he started out by shouting at him, then proceeded to headbut the 25-year-old player when he attempted to walk past him.
Indomitable Lion's Coach Finke described the incident as “unimaginable”
I saw this happen and I need to find out exactly what happened, why exactly these two people exploded. I hate to see that. It's not the image of Cameroon I want to project.
Cameroon are set to play against hosts Brazil in their last World Cup game, hopefully they will redeem their image in some ways.


No comments :

Post a Comment