Saturday, February 22, 2014

Chelsea's Mikel Obi reveals more about his life away from the game in a recent interview



Chelsea's John Mikel Obi was the latest subject of Chelsea TV regular series, the Big Interview. During the detailed interview, Obi revealed more about his background, family and his first impression as a Blues's man, he also talked about his life away from the game. 
The 26-year-old also offered more insight on how he has always possessed a fierce will to win and how he has grown even stronger during his time with the Blues.

“Even when I was playing football on the street, I have always wanted to win” He also added, But when I came to this club, with Jose Mourinho and a team featuring the likes of John Terry and Frank Lampard, I saw the mentality they had to always want to win, week after week. I had a winning mentality when I came here, but it became more extreme than anythin I'd ssen before.

Straying into more light-hearted topics, Mikel also answered to question regarding his past appearance when he was asked what happened to 'Mr Bling' - a reference to the garish attire he used to be seen sporting on a regular basis.

'I've given all that up,' he reveals with a broad smile. 'The guys in the dressing room killed me with my dress sense! When I look back on some of the things I was wearing six years ago they were absolutely terrible, but what can you expect from a kid who has just moved to London!'

The show was aired for the first time on 
Chelsea TV. You can catch regular re-runs of Mikel's  Big Interview. Click here for more details.

No comments :

Post a Comment