Tuesday, January 22, 2013

More results from AFCON 2013-Tunisia 1-0 Algeria


While Nigeria, Ghana and current Nations Cup champions Zambia failed to gain any victory in their games yesterday, Tunisia and Cote D’Ivorir seemed to have a different flow today as both teams refused to settle for a draw. In yesterday's fixtures, the Super Eagles of Nigeria were held to a 1-1 draw by Burkina Faso, Nations Cup debutants Ethiopia held defending champions Zambia to a 1-1 draw while Ghana faced the same plight in their match against DR Congo as both sides ended up with 2 goals apiece. 
In a turn of events today, Ivory Coast won 2-1 against Togo while Tunisia secured a 1-o victory against Algeria. Tunisia and Algeria headed into tonight's Group D clash knowing that the winners would join Ivory Coast at the top of the standings. The first-half of the match took a rather slow pace and despite Algeria’s efforts, an individual piece of brilliance from Youssef Msakni gave Tunisia a late 1-0 win and crucial three points. 

1 comment :

  1. Heу there! I could haѵe sworn I've been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyhoω, Ӏ'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking anԁ сhecking bacκ oftеn!
    Have a look at my web blog ; great advertising

    ReplyDelete