Thursday, December 27, 2012

Coach Keshi reacts to Odemwingie's remark on twitter over being left out of the National team.




Super Eagles Steven Keshi released a list for the 2013 African Cup of Nations a few days back; the list however left out the likes of Peter Odemwingie and Obafemi Martins. Following this, West Bromwich Albion FC striker Peter Odemwingie took to twitter expressing his dissatisfaction with the decision:
“On my not inclusion to the eagles list I am not surprised. Not surprised Keshi and NFF couldn’t tell me themselves. No personality!
“We talk through press hahaha how come I am the only stubborn one but no ex-Eagles player was sent off from the team with respect?”
Reacting to the remarks made, Keshi states that he is ready to open talks with Odemwingie only if he is willing to as well.
“I don’t have any issue with him. I’m surprised with his comments but I believe he is angry with being left out of the team. Remember there are other players who didn’t make the team and they have handled it calmly. We are all different in our ways of handling issues. But we need to move on from this.
“I’ve got a job to do. There are about 150 million Nigerians or more waiting to see this team at the Nations Cup and that is my biggest concern now. Like I said I am open to discussions with him or any other aggrieved player, only if he shows interest in doing so.



No comments :

Post a Comment