Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Victor Anichebe has chosen to focus more on Everton despite Nigeria’s recall hint.



Nigerian international and Everton forward Victor Anichebe has made the decision to focus on his club rather than thinking about regaining his international place with Nigeria. Anichebe who suffered from two major knee injuries and a groin problem in the past few years hopes to repay Everton’s faith by concentrating on his club, to achieve this, the 24-year old plans to build on his and Everton’s good start to the season-Anichebe-"The thing with Nigeria is I am a fan and I follow the games and the team have done really well to qualify," he also stated, "They have a great bunch of players there but I'm concentrating on here because this is the first time I've stayed fit for a while. I am thinking about Everton: they have stuck by me and helped me get back fit, so I'm thinking more about cementing [my place in] the side. The national team aspect hasn't come into my head. I just want them to do well."
So far in the season, Anichebe has scored 3 goals in 7 matches for Everton

No comments :

Post a Comment