Thursday, March 20, 2014

Victor Anichebe ready to make full return to Super Eagles but waiting to hear from Nigeria's FA


West Brom striker and Nigerian international Victor Anichebe is ready to represent Nigeria at the upcoming World Cup. The 25-year-old player said he is ready to make a full return to the Super Eagles but is yet to hear anything from the federation of Nigeria's coach Keshi.

Anichebe put his intenational career on the hold to in other to tend to his body and as well focus on his club who he stated catered to him over the course of his recovery from several severe injuries last year.

Super Eagles media office Ben Alaiy revealed that Nigeria's coach, Keshi is hoping to persuade the West Brom forward to change his mind.

Speaking to BBC Sport on his return to Nigeria's national team, Anichebe insisted: “I haven't spoken ot anybody, that goes from the federation to Stephen Keshi himself.

The Beijing 2008 Olympic silver medalist who has 11 caps for Nigeria as a full international is now ready to make a return. Anichebe has scored 18 goals for his current side, West Brom since his transfer from Everton.

Speaking to BBC Sport he also said: “ Right now I'm playing well, feeling fit, strong, and helping my team in the situation we are currentl in. If I continue to play well from now to the end of the season, then we can take it form there. I'm grateful that coach (Keshi) says he is willing to give me another chance, but I think everybody in Nigeria and around the world knows what I can do. We will see what happens.”

The striker also commented on the World Cup: “Yes the World Cup only comes once in every four years and it could be my last opportunity, this is something I'm aware of but I haven't spoken to anybody.”


No comments :

Post a Comment