Sunday, March 9, 2014

President of Sierra Leone FA Isha Johansen accused of slappingformer Sierra Leone Captain Kallon

Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA) President Isha Johansen has been accused of slapping former Sierra Leone Captain, Mohamed Kallon on the neck. The ex-footballer is set to take legal actions against the SLFA President following the incident which occurred right after an FA Cup match involving Kallon's team, Kallon FC Jr in Freetown on Thursday
Speaking to BBC Sports, the former Inter Milan and Monaco striker said:
"I was asked by Isha to talk to Kallon FC fans to leave the ground after the game because the fans were making comments against the referees. But I told her that she should ask them out herself,"
"She then slapped me on the back of my neck. I didn't retaliate and I even restrained my supporters from retaliating.
"I have reported the matter to the police and I'm taking legal action.
"My fans were making comments because they were not happy about the poor officiating of the the game."
According to the SLFA spokeperson John Konteh, Johansen also reported the issue to the police, Johansen is yet to comment on the matter.

Johansen's report to the police states that she slapped Kallon in self defence because he pushed her.
The report further states that Kallon had used abusive language against Johansen when he was having an argument with the owner of the winning team before the slapping incident.
Kallon and Johansen were both nominated for the position of President during the SLFA elections last year, however, Kallon was disqualified and Johansen was elected to become the first female president of the SLFA.


1 comment :