Friday, November 15, 2013

Ethiopia's Coach, Bishaw is ready to 'fight to the Maximum' this weekend in Calabar, Nigeria


Ethiopia vs Nigeria
One amazing thing about most football games is the element of surprise that is always present in eveyr game. Well, let’s hope this weekend produces one of those surprises as the World Cup Qualifiers play-off reaches its climax this weekend in Africa. Nigeria and Ethiopia will be kicking off the weekend on Saturday in Calabar, Nigeria. 
Ethiopia coach Sewnet Bishaw is very optimistic that his men will do all they can overturn a first-leg defeat where they lost 2-1 at home in October. Ethiopia hopes to continue their surprising World Cup journey when they face Nigeria in the return leg in Nigeria this Saturday. Speaking to BBC Sport coach Bishaw said: "This is the biggest match of my life. I want to win it. I'll fight to the maximum.

On his team's fitness level,  Beshaw also told  BBC sports: "There's no problem in my squad. All of my players are fit and the mood in the camp is very high. Everybody is waiting for the kick-off whistle."

Saturday’s game is as crucial as it can be for both Nigeria and Ethiopia, for the Super Eagles, they are hoping to book their 5th appearance at the WC and for the Walias, despite losing the first leg of the WCQ play-offs in Addis Ababa, they are hoping to reserve their first ever World Cup qualification this Saturday, (no pressure) Bishaw is however %100 confident his side can come back.
"I'm 100% confident of overturning the result. I'll only play for a win. Football involves a defeat and a win. We're defeated in the first leg doesn't mean we'll be defeated in the second leg," he said.
"I've not finished the match. I've 90 minutes left to play. I'll fight for a 2-0 win or for a 2-1 to take it in to extra-time. So, I want to remind them that it's not over yet."

One major boost coach Bishaw will have this weekend is the return of his joint top scorer, Getaneh Kebede who missed the first-leg of the play-offs due to an ankle injury-"The return of Getaneh is really great news. I've seen him in training. He's fit and will definitely have a role in the battle" Bishaw said.

No comments :

Post a Comment