Saturday, April 27, 2013

Super Eagles international Emmanuel Emenike cleared of match-fixing charges.


Nigerian international and former Fenerbahce striker Emmanuel Emenike was cleared finally of match-fixing charges in Turkey.
On Thursday, an Istanbul court acquitted the Spartak Moscow forward of accusations of involvement in match-fixing during his time in Turkey. 

According to Porsecutors,  in 2011 Emenike,  was promised a move to Fenerbahce from Karabukspor in return for not facing the Istanbul side.
Emenike denied the accusations, saying he was injured a week before the match and had a doctor's certificate.
"I have always maintained my innocence and I thank God that justice prevailed at last," Emenike told BBC Sport.

The prosecutors sought one to three years of jail time for Emenike, who spent an ill-fated six-week period at Fenerbahçe during the 2010-2011 Super League season. 
The Super Eagles who transferred to Fenerbahce for an undisclosed fee never played for the team but later moved to Spartak Moscow, current side.

Delighted about the outcome of the trial the,  AFCON champion said- “During the trial, I never panicked because I always believed I am not guilty, I don’t know anything about it, sometimes it took a while before such things can be proved right.
He also added-“God has really worked for me, it’s neither by my power nor anybody’s power but God. I have waited long for this because it was a negative on my career and I thank God that everything has been cleared and I am happy again,” 

1 comment :

  1. GUY ALL THE NATIONS ARE PROUD OF YOU,KEEP IT UP

    ReplyDelete