Friday, February 8, 2013

Peter Odemwingie accepts disciplinary actions from West Brom over QPR move


Peter Odemwingie has been fined two weeks' wages by West Brom following his attempt to sign for Premier League rivals Queens Park Rangers in January.
The 31-year-old striker drove to QPR without permission on transfer deadline day in an apparent attempt to force through a move to Loftus Road.

West Brom Albion issued an official statement on the club’s website Friday, the Baggies said: "Albion have taken disciplinary action against Peter Odemwingie in respect of his conduct over the past fortnight.
"Odemwingie has accepted his punishment. He will now resume full training with his team-mates and is available for first-team selection."

Following his acceptance, Odemwingie also tendered an apology to team-mates and fans, in his statement, the Nigerian international said: "I understand how my actions have been viewed. I want to reassure everyone at the club and our fans that I will continue to give my all whenever I am selected.
"We have enjoyed a good season so far and I aim to play my part in keeping the club as high up the table as possible."

No comments :

Post a Comment